Advanced System-on-Chip Design Online Course
The revolution in mobile computing has been driven by the low power and integrated performance available in modern System-on-Chip (SoC) designs. This course outlines a typical advanced SoC design process: from creating high level functional specifications to design, implementation and testing on real hardware using standard hardware description and software programming languages. Taking a hands-on approach covering both theory and practice, the course includes details for designing and developing an image processing demo application.
To develop Arm Cortex-A based SoCs, from creating high level functional specifications to design, implementation and testing on FPGA platforms using standard hardware description and software programming languages
Knowledge and understanding of
- Arm Cortex-A processor architectures and Arm Cortex-A based SoCs
- Capture the design of Arm Cortex-A based SoCs in a standard hardware description language
- Low-level software design for Arm Cortex-A based SoCs and high-level application development
- Ability to use and choose between different techniques for digital system design and capture
- Ability to evaluate implementation results (e.g. speed, area, power) and correlate them with the corresponding high level design and capture
- Ability to use commercial tools to develop Arm Cortex-A based SoCs
- Basics of hardware description language (Verilog or VHDL)
- Separate purchase of hardware and/or software tools, in order to replicate the course labs
- Introduction to Arm-based System on Chip Design
- Arm and Arm Processors
- Arm Development Studio
- Armv7-A/R ISA Overview
- Arm Cortex-A9 Processor
- AMBA AXI4 Bus Architecture
- AXI4-Lite GPIO Peripheral and DDR Memory Controller
- AXI UART and AXI4-Stream Peripherals
- AXI4-Stream with VGA Output Peripheral
- AXI4-Stream with HDMI Input Peripheral
- Final Application: Image Processing
The above syllabus is indicative. It might change from time to time.
We have a range of subscription options, from three, six and twelve months along with lifetime access. To view all options, click the purchase button.
To review extracts of lecture slides, quizzes and lab videos from all our online courses for the price of $8.00 for perpetual access, click on the "Online Courses Sampler" button below.