Leading the Way in High Performance Computing
Developing scientific applications for global issues, such as drug discovery, climate forecasts, and grid management, requires diverse, complex, and often urgent exascale workloads. National laboratories such as SiPearl (Europe), ETRI (Republic of Korea) and MEITY/C-DAC (India) have adopted Arm Neoverse V1 for HPC because it delivers the AI performance, energy efficiency, and design flexibility needed to achieve their goals in a sustainable, economic manner.
Innovations Ignited by Neoverse
Industry leaders share their thoughts and experiences on the advantages of Arm-based technology.
Designed for Performance, Parallelism and Compatibility
Neoverse V1 was designed with two goals in mind: to provide designers with a platform for achieving the impossible while minimizing the time, cost and independent development needed to get there. Scalable Vector Extensions boost ML performance in a developer-friendly way by reducing compiling and increasing compatibility. Neoverse V1 designs can be customized, but remain compatible with mainstream OSes, libraries, compilers, middleware and debug and profiling tools.
HPC Use Cases Around the World
These national laboratories are pushing the limits of supercomputing in a quest for scientific discovery.
- Swiss National Supercomputing Centre, HPE and NVIDIA Announce World’s Most Powerful AI-Capable Supercomputer
- LANL Expands Collaboration with HPE on new Supercomputer Design to Advance Scientific Research
- Japan and Fugaku’s Fight Against the COVID-19 in HPC
- Plans to use supercomputer Fugaku to fight against COVID-19
Arm-based HPC delivers accelerated CFD and crash-simulations with improved performance for more detailed experimentation and increased accuracy.
Electronic Design Automation
From design to simulation and verification to functional safety, Arm-based HPC provides the performance and efficiency needed in the EDA process.
Simulation models can be finetuned and iterated upon quickly thanks to reliable software stacks and ecosystems, including compilers, toolchains and math libraries optimized for Arm Neoverse.
Arm-based HPC clusters lets universities pursue both computer-science and pure science research.
A Proven Range of Powerful HPC Capabilities
Learn more about Arm’s portfolio of HPC products and solutions and foundational technologies.
Efficiency Breakthroughs in HPC to Drive “Production Science,” Global Research
HPC needed economic disruption; computer scientists in the UK obliged.
How Supercomputer Performance, Power Efficiency Can Coexist
Building the world’s fastest supercomputer doesn’t mean breaking the power budget, as engineers at Fujitsu and RIKEN proved.
Technical White Papers
- NVIDIA Unveils Grace ARM-based CPU for giant-scale AI and HPC apps
- Fujitsu selected to deliver Arm Supercharger for World-class research capabilities in Portugal
- SiPearls teams for 6nm HPC chip
- Nimbix announces first multi-cloud HPC platform with support for Arm
- South Korea Funds First Supercomputing CPU Designed for AI, HPC
- Drilling Down Into the SiPearl European Arm Server Chip
- China’s UCloud expands HPC in the Cloud offerings with Arm Neoverse
- NVIDIA, Ampere Computing Raise Arm 26x in Supercomputing
- Trends to Watch in HPC
- October 18 – 10^18 – Exascale Day, a reason for optimism
- Why Arm’s SVE will bring Vector Computing from HPC to the Edge
- Is the Cloud Ready for HPC Workloads?
- Arm Ecosystem Paving the Way for AI-enabled Supercomputing
- From Cloud to Edge, Arm Artisan Physical IP Tuned for a Trillion Intelligent Devices
- Read more HPC blogs