Safeguarding Digital Transformation with PSA Certified
Businesses are transforming the way they work, introducing new technologies to innovate and discover new opportunities. Connected devices are driving this digital transformation, generating data and insights that influence key decisions.
The value of all this new data relies solely on its trustworthiness, making security one of the greatest threats to digital transformation. Security is constantly changing and evolving. With regulations always on the horizon and new threats being identified, businesses need a strategy to protect against future security threats.
Arm first introduced the concept of a security framework in 2017 and are proud to be founders of PSA Certified with other industry leaders. It offers a framework for securing connected devices and matching evaluation scheme to check security has been implemented corrected. The program offers a four-step process to build in the right level of device security, reducing risk around data reliability, and allowing businesses to innovate on new ideas to reap the benefits of digital transformation.
To find out more about PSA Certified and how it can help your company achieve its own digital transformation, watch this webinar.
Accelerates the development of secure systems using a trusted approach designed by experts.
Increase access to global markets, thanks to alignment to industry and government standards, plus emerging IoT legislation.
PSA Certified offers an industry-standard measurement on security implementation, checked by independent labs and third parties.
Four Steps To Ease Security Design
The PSA Certified framework was created to help ensure security is designed into a device from the ground up. The four PSA Certified stages guide security implementation for each specific use case:
- Analyze: the evaluation of assets and assessment of threats to define specific security requirements.
- Architect: the security design based on identified security requirements.
- Implement: the process of bringing together hardware and firmware using open source firmware implementations.
- Certify: assurance that products adhere to security requirements and the 10 security goals outlined by PSA Certified.
Check out this white paper for an in-depth explanation of PSA Certified and an overview of the four stages.
Growing Industry Momentum
Built on industry best practices, PSA Certified goes beyond outlining security rules and guidelines, providing practical implementation guides and tools.
Arm works closely with the other PSA Certified founders to simplify and accelerate the path to more secure systems, redefining security for connected devices. Many industry leaders have already pledged their support for PSA Certified with over 40 products certified today.
PSA Certified helps simplify secure software development by offering reusable components and PSA Functional APIs to test your implementation.
- Trusted Firmware-M (TF-M) provides a reference implementation of secure software that complies with architecture specifications and offers reusable components to cover fundamental security functions. This software can be reused to ensure easy porting to chips and platforms, and to create a trusted environment. Secure functions include the Entity Attestation Token (EAT), a revolutionary way for IoT devices to verify their security implementation which can be read by the entire ecosystem.
- PSA Developer APIs provide an interface to the underlying security functions implemented in a device. A consistent developer experience helps reduce time-to-market for security and lets developers focus on product functionality.
- TF-M works directly with Arm Keil MDK and CMSIS packs to simplify software configuration to custom hardware.
PSA Certified was created with constrained IoT devices in mind, however the scheme is now expanding to showcase how the guidance and resources could be used in new markets.
Read this white paper for Arm’s view of security for the infrastructure and IoT edge, plus a view on how PSA Certified can help:
- Why security for the edge is important?
- What considerations need to be considered for this emerging market?
- How can PSA Certified make secure device development easier?
- How can Arm ease the path with products and solutions?
Download this white paper to learn how you can deploy PSA Certified in the infrastructure and IoT edge.
Interested in learning more about how you can get involved with PSA Certified? Talk with an Arm expert.